The new year also marks the start of concrete preparations for us. The obvious things are packing, breaking up the apartment and saying goodbye to friends. In addition, all furniture and items that we do not take, either store, sell, give away or dispose of. And many more small and big things:
- Insurances, dispositions and wills
- how and where we invest our savings so that we can access them in an emergency
- Farewell parties and early birthday parties for the children
- Prepare car
- do I take my e-bike with me or not?
- Better to pack my colored socks or the good pan after all?
A lot of it is administrative, some of it goes a little deeper. Never in our lives will everything we would like to take with us fit in our car. That’s why we’re constantly sorting out things we no longer need by August. For example, Christmas lights no longer go in the basement, but are sold and given away. Just like the children’s dollhouse. We know from previous moves how liberating such a declutter is. Nevertheless, I liked these things very much and there are many fond memories attached to them.
(Cough, cough: your band room needs a sofa, you have 7 kids and want a family bed, or do you want an Ikea bed with super-duper custom LED lighting and room to display Legos? I will make you a good price! 🙂 seriously, get in touch if you need anything 🙂